\\ Flexibility and Strength Training Designed by the Ballerina //
The Flexistretcher was designed by former ballerina, Rachel Hamrick. After her career was cut short by injury she became certified in yoga, pilates and strength training to re-train and eventually began teaching all ages and levels. Her extensive experience in the ballet and fitness worlds provided her with the ability to create a tailored training program focusing in on improvements in flexibility and strength.
HOW DOES THE FLEXISTRETCHER IMPROVE FLEXIBILITY AND STRENGTH?
- Working with the Flexistretcher allows one to simulate dance-specific or sport-specific movement patterns concentrating on improvements in execution and mobility.
- Utilizing the elastic resistance the Flexistretcher increases muscle strength in a safe, productive manner.
- As the band stretches, resistance increases, providing a stimulus to the muscle. This resistance does not rely on gravity. Instead, training with elastic resistance provides a variable resistance throughout the stretch or exercise, eliminating the possibility of using momentum and "cheating" your way through the movement.
- Working against this resistance forces the muscle to respond with increased effort, which promotes the development of muscular growth, strength, and power.
HOW IS THE FLEXISTRETCHER DIFFERENT?
- Unlike flimsy elastic stretching bands (such as the theraband) or stiff nylon straps, the Flexistretcher’s resistance has been carefully measured to provide progressive stimulus to the muscle without sacrificing control.
- This combination of support and stretch cannot be found in any other product.
- The Flexistretcher’s size and shape allows it to be used in full body stretches (such as a ballet arabesque), but it can also be adjusted to target specific, smaller body parts (such as shoulders or hamstrings).
- Built to withstand the daily use of professional dancers, the Flexistretcher’s sturdy construction and custom designed parts are guaranteed to last.
- Adjustable straps conform to any flexibility level and custom pieces are designed for added comfort and user easability.
- Designed by a professional dancer recovering from injury the Flexistretcher and it's training methods are researched and tailored to compliment the ever evolving demands of ballet technique.