HOW TO SEW RIBBON ON BALLET SHOES
Posted on 四月 06 2020
HOW TO: SEW RIBBON ON BALLET SHOES.
Learn how to sew ribbon on your Ballet Shoes in just a few easy steps.
- Cut 4 pieces of ribbon, by folding in half and half again, one piece for each side of the shoe.
- The ribbon has a smooth & a rough side. The rough side goes against the leg to prevent slipping.
- Fold the ends of the ribbon over approx 1cm, then fold again. stitch the end of the ribbon in a square.
- Find the correct place to attach ribbons by folding down the back of the shoe. Use a pencil to draw lines at the creases. The ribbons may be angled forward if required to hold the shoe on more securely.
- Place the back edge of the ribbon against the pencil line sew onto the side of the shoe, on the cotton lining. Do not sew into the binding as the cord cannot be adjusted.
- The cord is to adjust the tension on the width of the shoe. It should be adjusted while on the foot and tied in a double knot. The ties should tuck into the shoe and should not be visible.
photos supplied by Bloch Dancewear